Join PEAK Grantmaking
Welcome! To join, shop for individual membership then either log in with an existing profile or create a new one prior to checkout. Contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-466-1996, ext. 1, for assistance.
The Value of Membership
Today’s grants managers are asked to be experts in process, policy, programs, legal information, accounting, evaluation, communications, data, and technology—all while providing excellent customer service to grantseekers, staff, and leadership.
That’s a lot for any person to manage, but here’s some good news: PEAK Grantmaking is here to help. As a member, you’ll have access to:
- A learning program that connects you to what you need to know when you need to know it—and how you want to learn it—so you can master the core competencies required to expertly manage grants.
- Proven practices that bring added effectiveness, efficiency, and transparency to grantmaking.
- Connections to colleagues and the organizations they represent so you can learn from each other and work together to advance the field.
Anyone currently employed by a grantmaking organization who holds responsibility for grants management or a portion of grants management activities is eligible to join PEAK Grantmaking.
If that doesn’t describe you, find out more about membership eligibility.
Individual members receive:
- Access to Connect, PEAK Grantmaking’s online community, which links you to the combined knowledge of more than 3,400 grants professionals.
- Invitations to a variety of education and networking events including local chapter meetings, Annual Conference, webinars, and workshops.
- Subscription to the Insider newsletter, which includes informative, convenient, and timely news to help grants professionals stay current on industry issues and trends.
- Three issues of PEAK Insight Journal each year— the professional publication written by and for grants professionals, with input from industry experts.
- Periodic salary and job benefits report, technology guides, and other related resources and publications on grantmaking.
There is no fee required to join as an individual member. The wealth of resources provided by PEAK Grantmaking is funded by contributions from individuals and organizations that have committed to doing their part to support the profession.
Dues-paying consultant members receive special access to grants management-related resources. Review the complete list of the Benefits of Belonging (PDF), which include:
- Connections with Colleagues: Turn to other members for advice, brainstorming, and discussions of current and emerging issues on Connect, PEAK Grantmaking’s active online community.
- Learning Program: Receive discounts and free access to PEAK Grantmaking’s educational programs, which are designed to meet the needs of grants management professionals at all levels and career paths.
- News: Stay informed of breaking news, changes in the field, emerging issues, and everything grants management.
- Reports and Publications: Receive PEAK Grantmaking publications and benchmarking resources at no cost.
- Leadership Opportunities: True to our core values, PEAK Grantmaking is member-driven and member-led—our volunteers gain practical experience in leadership roles, including project and financial management, as they create and implement the work of the organization.
Individual consultants and consulting firms may join PEAK Grantmaking. Find out more about consultant membership.
Membership Terms and Conditions
To protect our members and proprietary information, PEAK Grantmaking requests that individual members review and agree to certain terms and conditions as part of their membership.
Questions? For further information, contact Member Services at email@example.com or 888-466-1996, ext. 1, for assistance.
- Individuals employed by grantmaking organizations, including nontraditional grantmakers whose primary function and activity is charitable grantmaking to individuals or organizations.
- Individuals employed by funder networks and philanthropy infrastructure groups.
- Professors and researchers (but not students) at accredited universities or research institutions whose primary focus of research or teaching is philanthropy or philanthropy-related studies.
- Previously eligible voting members who, because of a change in employment status (i.e., laid off but seeking a new position in the field), would otherwise be ineligible to remain members.
- Retired members who are interested in remaining connected to the profession.
Contact us for additional information.
(Note: Industry vendors are not eligible for membership in PEAK Grantmaking.)