- Member Relationship Manager
Member Relationship Manager
The Member Relationship Manager works to inform, coordinate and drive membership engagement efforts. Serving as a primary point for member inquiries, this individual will implement membership development strategies to communicate the value of membership to members, and potential members. The Manager will foster relationships with individual and organizational members aimed at increasing awareness and usage of PEAK Grantmaking services, benefits, resources, and programs. The Manager reports to and works with the Membership Director.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyze membership data and identify trends and opportunities to increase engagement, or promote member benefits and services.
- Collaborate across departments to and promote member benefits and services.
- Manage data, records, and reports relating to membership engagement in the association’s databases.
- Work across the organization to identify member interests, grantmaking specifics, and other data on members.
- Follow up on inconsistencies, missing member information, or member changes of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience and demonstrated success in developing, implementing, building, sustaining, and evaluating membership outreach and engagement initiatives.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Some travel required. Ability to travel as needed.
- Skills in time management, project organization, problem-solving, relationship building, and team building.
- Intermediate experience working in association database and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail, high level of customer service skills and be resourceful, innovative, self-motivated, and creative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Discretion and sound judgment on setting and adjusting priorities is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in marketing, business, association/non-profit management is a plus.
- A minimum of 3-5 years proven experience in an association or other nonprofit focused on responsibilities similar to this position.
Additional Salary Information: A comprehensive salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with salary requirements and experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Catherine Schmutz (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls, please. Position open until filled.
Posted May 5, 2017