Regional Chapter Manager
The Regional Chapter Manager works collaboratively with PEAK Grantmaking’s volunteer-led regional chapters (currently 14) to support their growth, activities, and development. The Manager is tasked with helping chapters to meet and exceed PEAK Grantmaking’s operating standards, and creating a seamless experience for PEAK Grantmaking members between national and regional programs and services. Within the chapters, the Manager will fuel member engagement, recruitment, and retention efforts, and activities to increase member value. The Manager will foster relationships with regional partners and leaders to enhance the influence and reputation of PEAK Grantmaking’s regional chapters among members and the field and develop volunteers and regional leadership opportunities and training. The Manager will expand the number of regional chapters as PEAK Grantmaking’s membership grows, and work collaboratively with PEAK Grantmaking’s regional volunteer leadership and fellow PEAK Grantmaking staff to meet these objectives.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with regional leaders to create and deliver effective chapter meetings resulting in increased meeting attendance and enhanced value to members.
- Coordinate chapter volunteer recruitment efforts to identify strong leaders and ensure governance structure is strong and stable.
- Develop and support regional volunteers on leadership and best practices in regional chapter management.
- Ensure chapter sustainability and growth.
- Create messaging and engage with members about volunteer opportunities in the regions and in the national association leading to volunteer commitments in the regional chapters and nationally.
- Manage website content, marketing materials, and promotions relative to regional chapters.
- Develop and manage communications to and from regional chapters to keep leaders informed and engaged in PEAK Grantmaking’s strategic efforts and to support their growth.
- Manage online tools and content to attract and connect members with local regional chapter activities.
- Professionally represent PEAK Grantmaking at regional chapter meetings, PEAK Grantmaking’s Annual Conference and other industry events; plus identify opportunities for volunteer leaders and association staff to be engaged in these events.
- Manage relationships with regional grants management organizations and other partners to support local chapter member programs and advance PEAK Grantmaking’s strategic plan.
- Develop and monitor annual regional chapter budget, and achieve registration revenue targets for regional chapter meetings.
- Manage data reporting activities to keep chapters informed of performance and membership growth.
- Manage data, records, and reports relating to chapter affiliations in the association’s database.
- Perform routine audits of the regional chapter lists and follow up on inconsistencies, missing member information, or member changes of employment.
- Manage and develop scholarship program relative to regional chapter meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in marketing, business, association/non-profit management is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in an association or other nonprofit focused on responsibilities similar to this position.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Some travel required.
- Volunteer management, training and/or teaching experience is required.
- Skills in time management, project organization, problem-solving, relationship building, and team building.
- Intermediate experience working in association database and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail, high level of customer service skills and be resourceful, innovative, self-motivated, and creative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Discretion and sound judgment on setting and adjusting priorities is required.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Additional Salary Information: A comprehensive salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with salary requirements and experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Catherine Schmutz (email@example.com). No phone calls, please. Position open until filled.
Posted April 9, 2017