Life slows down in the summer. The days get longer. Vacations are planned. There may even be a beachside chair waiting for you. That makes June the perfect month to read your way to professional success.
Just because you may be done with formal schooling doesn’t mean you should be done with reading. Reading books, any and all kinds, but specifically career-minded books, should be a priority for every professional. Reading keeps you sharp, informed, and engaged.
This month we’ll take a look at three books you should add to your reading list to grow in everything from organizational health to work-life balance.
Here are six more reasons why you should be reading from The Huffington Post:
1. Reading can chill you out.
2. It could help keep your brain sharp.
3. And it might even stave off Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Reading may help you sleep better.
5. Getting lost in a good book could also make you more empathetic.
6. Self-help books, on the other hand, can ease depression.