Resolve to Evolve in 2014
Are you the best you can be? Or are there areas of your professional life that could use some personal attention?
In 2014, GMN members Resolve to Evolve, following a monthly program to beef up their skills, stretch their professional development muscles, put their best feet forward, and get out in front of ever-changing personal and professional roles. Each month will focus on a simple topic and we’ll provide step-by-step instructions for digging deep to get more out of your career. Each week, we’ll present information and activities that you can follow to make sure that you’re keeping pace and even moving ahead of colleagues and peers.
January – Mentoring
January is National Mentoring Month. Have you explored the opportunities to have or be a mentor? Do you know how mentoring can kick your career up a notch?
- Week 1 – Making Mentoring Matter
- Week 2 – Expert Opinion: What Makes a Mentor
- Week 3 – Action Plan: Finding a Mentor
- Week 4 – Making It Stick
February – Linking In
Get LinkedIn to the professional landscape that advances career opportunities both vertically and horizontally.
- Week 1 – Get LinkedIn
- Week 2 – Expert Opinion: Why You Should Be Using LinkedIn
- Week 3 – Put LinkedIn Into Action
- Week 4 – Keep LinkedIn Going
March – Networking
March is GMN Networking Month. It may not all be about who you know, but it’s a lot about who you know.
- Week 1 – Why Networking Matters
- Week 2 – Networking: An Expert Opinion
- Week 3 – Networking: An Action Plan
- Week 4 – Networking: Making It Stick
April – Volunteering
April is National Volunteering Month. Give a little bit, get a lot.
- Week 1 – Give Time, Give Yourself
- Week 2 – Expert Opinion: Why Volunteer?
- Week 3 – Volunteering Action Plan
- Week 4 – Volunteering: Making It Last
May – Community
Find your people and find your purpose.
- Week 1 – What is Community
- Week 2 – Why You Need to Belong
- Week 3 – Finding Your Tribe
- Week 4 – Community: Making It Stick
June – Summer Reading List
Read your way to professional success.
- Week 1 – Get Reading This Summer
- Week 2 – Reading List: The Advantage
- Week 3 – Reading List: Off Balance
- Week 4 – Reading List – Winning with People
July – Mid-Year Check-In
What’s left on your to-do list?
- Week 1 – Halfway There
- Week 2 – Expert Opinion: Taking Stock Midyear
- Week 3 – Action Plan: Restart
- Week 4 – Evolution: Making it Stick
August – Communicating
When to use high tech and when to use high touch.
- Week 1 – High Tech vs. High Touch
- Week 2 – 10 Ways to Communicate Better at Work
- Week 3 – Sticking with Communications
- Week 4 – Grow in High-Touch and High-Tech Communication Skills
September – Get Organized
Take a deep breath and then straighten things out.
- Week 1 – Resolve to Get It Together
- Week 2 – Expert Opinion: Why Be Organized at Work
- Week 3 – Action Plan: Get Organized
- Week 4 – Make Organization Stick
October – Checking Back In at Work
Are you committed and on track?
- Week 1 – Stay the Course
- Week 2 – Stay Committed to Your Goals
- Week 3 – Goals Action Plan
- Week 4 – Stick to It
November – Cultivate Gratitude
Give thanks and watch it roll forward.
- Week 1 – Cultivating Gratitude in Your Career
- Week 2 – Expert Opinion: Why Be Grateful?
- Week 3 – Action Plan: Four Ways to Cultivate Gratitude at Work
- Week 4 – Making it Stick: Keep a Thank-you List
December – Keep Evolving
Setting goals for 2015.