Streamlining champions – we know you’re out there, toiling away to gradually chip away at redundant questions, onerous practices, glitchy online systems, and rigid budget templates. We wanted to make it as easy as possible for you to find information about streamlining. And so, (drumroll…) we’d like to introduce the Streamlining Champions Toolkit!
What is it?
Practical ideas, tools, and resources that you can use to understand your current practice, make the case for streamlining, benchmark against colleague organizations, and identify opportunities to make meaningful change.
What’s in it?
- Streamlining Champion Basics: What is a Streamlining Champion? How do you get started?
- Making Streamlining Stick: The Streamlining Process – A set of steps and guiding questions to help you guide your organization toward a set of streamlining changes.
- What’s First? Five Practices That Matter: Information about the five grantmaking practices that matter most to nonprofit grantseekers.
- Tools You Can Use: A growing list of sample surveys, cost audit tools, and other resources to help!
- Champions Speak Out! Stories, ideas, and questions from other streamlining champions.
Who should use it?
If you’re interested in moving your organization toward more sensible and streamlined application and reporting practices, this toolkit is for you!
Where can I find it?
Project Streamline is a national initiative of the Grants Managers Network. Our goal is to help grantmakers understand and minimize the burden of their application and reporting requirements, while still getting what they need to make good grants.
Project Streamline’s Four Core Principles:
- Take a fresh look at information requirements: request only what is used in decision-making.
- Right-size requirements: align application and reporting to the size and type of grant.
- Reduce the burden on grantseekers: reduce unnecessary and onerous practices.
- Straightforward and clear communication with grantseekers.