Data Intelligence Publications
The How of Grantmaking
Working with a group of experienced grants management professionals, PEAK Grantmaking defined five core questions every grantmaker should be able to answer about how it makes grants, recommended indicators to measure the effectiveness of current practices, and advice on how to find and present the results.
The result—The How of Grantmaking—walks funders through the five core questions and presents key concepts for evaluating and measuring the data you already have access to.
The five core questions are:
- Does our grantmaking align with our intentions?
- Are our grants structured to be successful?
- Are we efficient in our internal processes?
- Are we communicating effectively?
- Does our process strengthen and support grantees?
Do you know the answers, or where to find them? The How of Grantmaking is the tool you need to start focusing on evaluating and improving the practices you use to make grants.