- This event has passed.
Rocky Mountain Regional Chapter: Successful Structures Workshop
December 5, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm MST
Through its work to identify Successful Structures, PEAK Grantmaking learned that in some organizations, the practices, processes, and systems that get money out the door to support important work in communities are informed, assessed, and strengthened using timely data about grantmaking effectiveness. In these organizations, thoughtful conversations about how to make grants most effectively are everyone’s business: programs, operations, finance, and executive staff work together to analyze and improve grantmaking practice.
In our September session, we talked about how to identify where practices and values are out of alignment. In this workshop, we will discuss how organizations can set up successful structures –both organizational and at the individual grant level – to support practices that are better aligned with their values. (This session will complement the “Walking the Talk: Putting Values Based Grantmaking into Practice” held in September, but it is not necessary to have attended that session in order to participate in or benefit from this workshop.)
Nikki Powell, Communications & Practices Director for PEAK Grantmaking, will be joining the Rocky Mountain regional chapter to facilitate this hands-on workshop. We encourage both in-person and remote participation in this interactive session, which will be grounded in small group discussion, tools, and exercises.
- Understand what makes a successful structure possible and practical
- Compare current structures to successful structures and know where organizations fit on the scale
- Understand the five key indicators of the necessary organizational and cultural shifts required before implementing a successful structure
- Learn how to implement elements of a successful structure
- Report on successes in creating structures that support grantmaking strategy
- Nikki Powell, Communications & Practices Director, PEAK Grantmaking
This workshop will be hosted in Denver at the location below. A satellite location option will be available for those in Phoenix, Arizona. Individuals may participate remotely via webinar.
101 Monroe St
Denver, CO 80206
BHHS Legacy Foundation
360 E. Coronado Road, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85004