Hurricane Matthew is barreling toward Florida as we speak.
- The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook – this resource is always available to assist funders with a host of strategies that funders can use to help communities. From Housing and Legal Services to Mental Health and Mitigation, the Playbook is an essential resource.
- Our Hurricane Matthew disaster profile is updated with current facts and stats as well as more information on how the NGO community is responding and what funders are responding to the disaster.
- A reminder that the Center for Disaster Philanthropy and the Council on Foundations will be co-hosting a webinar on Hurricane Matthew this coming Tuesday, October 11 at 11:00 eastern. Register here: Hurricane Matthew Webinar.
- Regine Webster from CDP authored this blog to answer three important funder questions: When, How, and Where to Give.
Several stellar external resources have caught the CDP team’s eye over the past few days. It is a mix of articles and websites:
- Stay or go? Evacuations carry a price
- Hurricane Matthew Nears U.S., and States Brace for Impact
- Washington Post – Capital Weather Gang
If you have updates to share on the storm or find articles/organizations that are of interest, please share them in the comments below.