“For us, philanthropy is much more than just writing a check. It’s donating your time, energy, experience, and intellect to the causes and organizations you are passionate about.”
Sandy and Joan Weill of the Weill Family Foundation share an editorial via CNBC about their philosophy of philanthropy:
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Don’t be afraid to hire people smarter than you.
- The busiest people can always do more.
- You can run a better private business if you help run philanthropic enterprises.
- Whatever you do, be passionate about it.
- Keep it focused, you can’t do everything.
- If you don’t understand something, don’t do it.
- Teams win.
- Be a pragmatic dreamer.
- Maintain a good sense of humor and never take yourself too seriously.