Did you know that June is National Professional Wellness Month? Your work place health affects your overall health as well as your job performance. Take the opportunity to increase your professional wellness by investing in yourself and your professional life.
- Take time to exercise. Even walking around the block every day during work helps!
- Take time for yourself during the week, it will strengthen your performance at work. Enhance your knowledge by taking a class or special workshop.
- Take time to reconnect with former colleagues and friends who have knowledge and experience to share.
- Take a “mini-sabbatical” away from technology to clear and refresh your mind.
- Add to your vacation time or plan a longer time for a break to enable new thinking approaches, and refresh your body, mind, spirit, and perspective.
Check out this TED Talk by designer Stefan Sagmesiter, who closes his New York studio every seven years for a yearlong sabbatical to rejuvenate and refresh his creative outlook. He explains the often overlooked value of time off and shows the innovative projects inspired by his time in Bali.