GMN’s Updated Business Model
Grants Managers Network is excited about strategic and forward-looking changes released in our Blueprint for the Future. To help achieve the goals of the blueprint and sustain the organization while increasing our value to members and the field, GMN is updating its business model for the first time in seven years.
Read our new Frequently Asked Questions document for members.
Here is an outline of the changes you can expect from GMN effective January 1, 2015.
- Expanded benefits including online courses, live streaming events, and benchmarking and research reports. Download a list of all 2015 member benefits »
- GMN will move from a sliding membership fee schedule based on total assets to a sliding membership fee schedule based on total giving. Total giving is common to all members and represents the scope of the grants managed. The new membership fees will be:
2015 GMN Organization Membership Dues Schedule
|Total Giving||2014 Dues||2015 Dues||Increase from 2014|
|$250,001 – $500,000||$500||$750||$250|
|$500,001 – $1,250,000||$750||$1,000||$250|
|$1,250,001 – $2,500,000||$1,000||$1,500||$500|
|$2,500,001 – $5,000,000||$1,500||$2,000||$500|
|$5,000,001 – $25,000,000||$2,000||$3,000||$1,000|
|$25,000,001 – $50,000,000||$2,500||$3,500||$1,000|
- Contributing organization members will now be known as organization members to simplify our language. These members will continue to enjoy all of GMN’s benefits and services thanks to the generous support of their employers, who pay a membership fee. Other GMN members, known as individual members, will have a variety of benefits and services to choose from, some on a fee basis. GMN remains the only philanthropy association that does not require mandatory dues to become a member.
- Some GMN benefits will be fee-based to cover costs, including some webinars and regional meetings, which will cost $25 each for individual members and $55 each for nonmembers. Organization members continue to enjoy these benefits at no additional cost.
- GMN will continue to offer some benefits, services, and resources on a complimentary basis to all members, including some webinars and meetings. Each item will be clearly distinguished when it is promoted so that members know whether to expect fee-based access.
We are confident that, with these changes, GMN can continue to grow and serve the nearly 3,000 grants management professionals who make up this wonderful association. If you have questions about these changes to the GMN business model, please contact Nikki Powell at email@example.com.