We asked a group of experienced grants managers the secret to their success. Here are the answers we got.
- Roll up your sleeves
- Keep asking questions
- Understand what the other departments and people you work with care about so that you can find mutual ground from which to collaborate
- Take on projects that are a challenge to you- go beyond your comfort zone
- Be flexible and patient
- Always keep in mind what it’s like on the other side (i.e., from the grantee perspective)
- Problem-solve everything
- Question common practices
- Be curious
- Take on something you don’t think you are qualified to do
What’s the secret to your success? Share in the comments!