Should grantmakers evaluate and continually improve the practices they use to make grants? At PEAK Grantmaking, we believe they should! The “how” of grantmaking is essential to growing impact, increasing transparency, and getting the best possible return on philanthropic investments.
Learn ten tips for improving your grantmaking practices from research and case studies developed by PEAK Grantmaking. A range of practices and process components will be covered including applications, reporting, data, and communications. Participants will even get a chance to share their own best practices to help their colleagues improve.
During the event, attendees will have the opportunity to network with grants management professionals from across the region and participate in a leadership training to understand how to lead with your strengths and better work with your colleagues. Lunch will be provided.
- Review 10 tips for implementing practices that will improve your grantmaking
- Learn about ways to reduce the burden on grantees – and your staff – of administering grants
- Identify 2 – 3 quick wins they could implement back at their own organization.
- Learn about their own leadership style
- Determine strategies to better work with different leadership styles
- Network with grants management professionals
Nikki Powell, Effective Practices Director, PEAK Grantmaking