Our Organization Membership in PEAK is more important than ever in a volatile world that demands we work together to advance more purpose-driven and equitable funding practices in support of our partners in the field.
– Jim Gallagher, Ford Foundation
I see PEAK, among the major philanthropic affinity groups, as the primary driver of values-based grantmaking, particularly with the five Principles for Peak Grantmaking.
– Dan Gaff, May & Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
PEAK Grantmaking has always been at the forefront of aligning values with practice, helping foundations to operationalize their ideals.
– Patrick Taylor, Zellerbach Family Foundation
Champion courageous practice change in philanthropy: As a PEAK contributing member, you’ll join more than 450 peer grantmaking organizations who are leading the way to advance equitable, effective grantmaking practices.
You and your team gain all-inclusive access to our complete range of benefits, including:
- Our comprehensive and growing suite of member exclusive resources and tools, including how-to guides, case studies, and on-demand webinars on the Principles for Peak Grantmaking (our call to action to transform the practice of philanthropy into the practice of principled giving); plus, our latest research, trend reports, and more
- Access to all PEAK programs, events, and convenings
- Registration to any chapter meetings, local opportunities for connecting with members in your area to share knowledge, develop skills, and advance the profession
- Our member magazine, PEAK Grantmaking Journal
- Exclusive access to emerging Communities of Practice, structured learning and sharing opportunities with your peers to stretch your learning edge and contribute to building knowledge for the field
- PEAK’s biennial Grants Management Salary Report
- Participation in our CONNECT online discussion forum, linking you to the combined knowledge of thousands of grants management professionals who help crowdsource solutions to important issues and serve as a ready peer cohort to exchange ideas
- Interactive online courses for self-paced training
- Our Member Directory, which you can use to help make and maintain connections with colleagues across the country
- Discounts on registration for the PEAK annual conference and special events
- A thought-leadership partner to support your organization as it relates to operationalizing principled practices and equity throughout your grantmaking practices
We welcome all staffed grantmaking organizations to join as Organization Members – including private/independent foundations, operating foundations, corporate foundations and giving programs, community foundations, government/public entities, and donor-advised funds.
Philanthropy-serving organizations and funder networks are also welcome to join at the minimum dues rate.
|PEAK Dues||Total Annual Giving|
|$750||$250,000 – $500,000|
|$1,000||$500,000 – $1,250,000|
|$1,500||$1,250,000 – $2,500,000|
|$2,000||$2,500,000 – $5,000,000|
|$3,000||$5,000,000 – $25,000,000|
For community foundations, dues are based on discretionary giving only.
Amplify your support through a Sustaining Organization Membership
Many PEAK members contribute funding above and beyond their annual membership dues. This generous support makes it possible for PEAK Grantmaking to conduct the research and build the tools to support this amazing community of people working toward more equitable, effective grantmaking practices. Please include your additional support on your application or reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Consultants are welcome to join as contributing non-voting members, with dues based on your client organizations’ total annual giving. Dues for sole proprietors and consulting firms with three or fewer full-time staff are $500, regardless of client organizations’ total annual giving. As trusted members of our community, consulting organizations are expected to refrain from solicitation. For complete details, read our Terms & Conditions Agreement.
We live our value of inclusivity and create a community of belonging for all by offering a complimentary membership to all grantmaking professionals. Sign up to join grants management colleagues in the PEAK community and access select resources and events.
- Participate in CONNECT, our members-only online discussion forum, linking you to the combined knowledge of thousands of grants management professionals
- Receive invitations to complimentary PEAK community webinar events
- Access a selection of resources from our expanding collection – including Principles for Peak Grantmaking case studies and action guides, on-demand webinars, research and trend reports, and the digital edition of PEAK Grantmaking Journal
- Attend live and on-demand webinars at discounted fees
- Attend chapter meetings at discounted fees to learn and connect with members in your area
- Register for PEAK’s annual conference and online courses at discounted rates
- Individuals employed by grantmaking organizations
- Individuals employed by funder networks, philanthropy-serving organizations, and other philanthropy infrastructure groups
- Professors and researchers at accredited universities or research institutions whose primary focus is philanthropy
- Retired members
- Previously eligible voting members who, because of a change in employment status (i.e., laid off but seeking a new position in the field), would otherwise be ineligible to remain members.
What is the term of Organization Membership?
PEAK Grantmaking Organization Members receive a 12-month membership, starting the month they join. Approximately 60 days prior to your membership expiration date, we send a renewal notice and invoice to the primary contact in our files.
I am interested in making the case for Organization Membership. Do you have any materials I can use to support making this ask?
Download our Membership Benefits summary here.
Can we pay for Organization Membership in the form of a grant?
Our member organizations may elect to pay as a grant any portion of their dues that exceeds $1,848 (the fair market value of the direct services and goods received in return for membership). Consult your accountant or auditor for an answer specific to your organization.
How do I renew our Organization Membership?
We are now working fully remotely in light of the COVID-19 crisis and encourage you to renew your membership online. The primary contact for your membership may simply:
- Log in to your PEAK Grantmaking profile.
- Go to “My Transactions” and “My Memberships.”
- Scroll down and select “Organization Membership” and “Renew Now.”
You may also pay by ACH or wire transfer. If you may only pay by check, you can mail it to us at 1666 K Street NW, Suite 440 Washington, DC 20006. We will process checks as soon as we are able, but please know it may be delayed during this time.
How do I sign up additional staff members to access Organization Membership benefits?
There is no limit on the number of staff members who can take advantage of your Organization Membership. Sign up additional staff to benefit from your Organization Membership via this brief Staff Registration Form.