Sponsored by Blackbaud.
Through this seven-month virtual learning series, you’ll build community with other professionals new to grantmaking; learn more about philanthropy and the role of grants management; and gain the context, support, and resources you need to succeed in your career.
A variety of group activities, lectures, homework (yes – homework!), and take-home resources will provide a breadth of opportunities to grow your network and your knowledge. Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion to add to your professional development portfolio.
All sessions run from 1-3pm ET.
- April 13: Intro to Philanthropy and the Nonprofit Sector
- May 10: Understanding Grantmaking Context and Your Role
- June 8: Assessing Nonprofit Financials & Capacity
- June 29: The Grantmaking Lifecycle: From Outreach to Award
- July 27: Supporting Good Decision-Making
- August 24: The Grantmaking Lifecycle: From Monitoring to Impact
- September 21: Setting Your Own Career Goals
While all sessions will be recorded and available to participants, everyone is strongly encouraged to attend the live sessions. One of the primary goals of this course is to build relationships and networks that will support you in your career.
Participants will also have the opportunity to form small groups around topics like grantmaker type, software and grants management systems, and career focus.
Each session will be facilitated by PEAK staff, with special guest speakers invited to present on various topics.
- Organization Members $150
- Individual Members $250
- Non-Members $400