As a grants management professional, you need to be an expert in your work to help your grantseekers succeed. Your ability to connect the dots across knowledge, relationships, and systems is critical to improving grantmaking decisions. Be a champion for good practices in your organization.
PEAK Grantmaking’s Grants Management Professional Competency Model defines the professional knowledge, skills, and abilities expected of grants management professionals, like you, regardless of your area of specialization, the size of your organization, or your role within the field. By identifying both the functional responsibilities and the knowledge needed for success in every area of grants management, the competencies provide a comprehensive look at the profession. This model offers everyone working in grants management a pathway to professional success.
- Describes what it looks like to be great in your role
- Defines the competencies needed for success across the entire grantmaking profession
- Provides a professional development road-map for grantmaking professionals
- Identifies skills gaps and ways to close them
- Is a tool for professional development, NOT performance management
This is a publicly available resource. Follow this link to the download.