Join author and grantmaker Edgar Villanueva for an online discussion about his bestselling book, Decolonizing Wealth.
PEAK Grantmaking is thrilled to again partner with Edgar to offer a deeper dive into the key concepts of the book. Edgar will talk candidly and share perspectives on how his work is impacting the sector. We will also have a live Q&A session for participants.
Decolonizing Wealth is a provocative analysis of the dysfunctional colonial dynamics at play in philanthropy and finance. Award-winning philanthropy executive Edgar Villanueva draws from the traditions from the Native way to prescribe the medicine for restoring balance and healing our divides….. With great compassion—because the Native way is to bring the oppressor into the circle of healing—Villanueva is able to both diagnose the fatal flaws in philanthropy and provide thoughtful solutions to these systemic imbalances. Decolonizing Wealth is a timely and critical book that preaches for mutually assured liberation in which we are all inter-connected.
“Edgar outlines with compassion and clarity thoughtful and practical steps toward aligning our money with our values. There are important lessons here for anyone working in finance or philanthropy.”
— Keith Mestrich, President & CEO, Amalgamated Bank
- To encourage participants to join the movement for philanthropic justice.
- To inspire deeper reflection into the participants’ own relationship to money, to racial justice, and to the history of colonization in the U.S. and its global implications.
- To understand steps for operationalizing the “7 Steps to Healing” in the work of participants.
Principle Focus: Drive Equity
Presenter: Edgar Villanueva, Author of Decolonizing Wealth
- Organization Member: Free
- Consultant Member: Free
- Individual Member: $25.00
- Non-Member: $55.00
*refunds not allowed*