Do your application and reporting processes support racial equity? If you were to design your grantmaking process to contribute to a more just and equitable world, what would that look like?
Join us to get specific about the types of grantmaking practices that support—or hinder—racial equity. In this workshop, we’ll help you answer these questions:
- Do your application and reporting processes explicitly account for potential racially disparate decision-making or outcomes? If not, how can this be incorporated?
- How do your practices or policies increase access and opportunity for people and organizations outside of those you are familiar with? If not, what changes could be made to make them more equitable and inclusive?
- Thinking about how your organization approaches risk, how might stereotypes or unconscious bias play into what kinds of organizations or leaders we believe to be riskier?
This in-depth workshop will help you understand how your grantmaking practices can support or hinder equity.
Optional: Participants are asked to bring copies of their application and reporting formats to workshop with their peers.
Knowledge and Programs Director
- Complimentary to Organization Members
- $25 for Individual Members; $55 for non-members
Not yet a part of the PEAK community? We invite all grantmaking professionals to sign up for a complimentary Individual Membership to participate in our CONNECT discussion forum, receive complimentary or discounted registration to our events, and to access select resources.
Learn more about PEAK’s regional chapters and find yours here!