- This event has passed.
Webinar—Grants Management & the Historical Record: Will You Be Part of It? (SoCal Regional Chapter)
August 29, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
Do you need guidance to help determine what records you should be retaining, for how long, and for what reason? Records, in both paper and electronic form, serve as the corporate memory of an organization; they document, support, and guide daily operations. These materials also form the basis for the long-term archival record that documents the history and development of an organization, its initiatives, and the impact it has within its field and within broader historical context.
- Learn best practices in record-keeping
- Understand reasons for records retention (i.e., regulatory, business need, historical significance)
- Hear guidance and considerations to help determine what kinds of records should be retained and for how long
- Build awareness of historical significance of foundation records
- Understand document management considerations for paper, digital, and born-digital records
- Hear real-life examples of records retentions schedules
- Nancy Enneking, Head, Institutional Records & Archives, Getty Research Institute
- Laura Cogburn, Head, Grants Administration, Getty Foundation