PEAK2019 Conference Session Repeat
Tie Practices to Values
Many in the philanthropic sector are talking about big ideas such as equity and inclusion, narrowing the power gap in our sector, being authentically engaged in our communities, listening and learning from our partners, and living our values in our practice. With this webinar, move from conversation to action. Learn from your peers at the William and Flora Hewlettt Foundation about the process they used to define a philosophy of grant practice that stems from their guiding principles and how they continue to question and revise their practices.
This hour-long webinar will be divided into two halves. The first half will be recorded but the second half will be a hosted private Zoom conversation between you and your colleagues across the country. Thoughtfully examine how your values are reflected in practices and share questions and concerns with your peers. If you missed this session at the conference (it was packed!) take advantage of this encore presentation.
Instructions for optional sharing with your camera and audio will be sent ahead of time and reviewed the day of the webinar.
Limit: 40 people
Participants will learn about:
- Analyzing and codifying the relationship between a foundation’s grantmaking practice and its values
- Questions and constraints on aligning foundation grantmaking practices and values
- Working together toward greater alignment between foundation values and practices
- Aimee Bruederle Grants Officer
- Brooke Treadwell, Grants Officer
- William and Flora Hewlett Foundation