The Global Landscape of Philanthropy. Andrew Milner. Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support, January 2018.
Global Philanthropy Report: Perspectives on the Global Foundation Sector. Paula Johnson. UBS Global Wealth Management, April 2018.
Local Leadership, Global Impact: Community Foundations and the Sustainable Development Goals. Natalie Ross. Council on Foundations, February 2018.
The State of Global Giving by U.S. Foundations: 2011-2015. Foundation Center and Council on Foundations, August 2018.
Local Communities with Global Reach: International Giving by U.S. Community Foundations: Report and Discussion Guide. Foundation Center and Council on Foundations, July 2017.
Principles of Accountability for International Philanthropy: An Aspirational Tool for International Donors. Council on Foundations and European Foundation Center, April 2007.
NGOsource Guide to Equivalency Determination. Council on Foundations and TechSoup, 2018.
Anti-Terrorist Financing Guidelines: Voluntary Best Practices for U.S.-Based Charities. United States Department of the Treasury, December 2005.
Blogposts and Articles
“Fund International Development? A Framework for Collaboration With Beneficiary Communities.” Sam Barns. Exponent Philanthropy Blog, September 10, 2018.
“Collaboration in International Grantmaking: The Nuts & Bolts.” Aim√©e Bruederle. PEAK Insight Journal, June 2, 2015.
“Cross-Border Philanthropy and Counterterrorism Regulations: Guidance for U.S. Grantmakers.” Andrzej Kozlowski and Kia Sullivan. PEAK Grantmaking Blog, November 24, 2017.
“IRS Publishes New Guidelines for Equivalency Determination.” CAF America Connections Blog, September 17, 2017.
“Equivalency Determination vs. Expenditure Responsibility: Which Works for You?” Ted Hart,PEAK Insight Journal, February 20, 2015.
“Giving to Canadian Charities? Make Sure You’re in Compliance.” CAF America Connections Blog, March 5, 2018.
Conference Presentations and Case Studies
- Latest Trends in Global Payments. Byard Bridge, Jr., and Sue-Ellen Speight. PEAK2018 presentation, March 2018. (Members only.)
- Global Funding of Fiscal Intermediaries. A. Nicole Campbell et al. PEAK2017 presentation, March 2017. (Members only.)
- The Pitfalls of Global Payments and Best Practices to Avoid Them. Byard Bridge, Jr., and Sue-Ellen Speight. PEAK2017 presentation, March 2017. (Members only.)
- International Grantmaking: The New Narrative. Jessie Krafft et al. PEAK2016 presentation, March 2016. (Members only.)
- International Grantmaking: Beyond the Checklist. Val Bush et al. PEAK2016 presentation, March 2016. (Members only.)
- The Three Rs for Successful International Grantmaking: Regulation, Risk, and Reputation. PEAK2016 presentation, March 2016. (Members only.)
- Case Study: Creating a Campus: A Donation of Foreign Real Estate, CAF America, 2016. (Members only.)
- SDG Philanthropy Platform: Engaging Philanthropy to Take Action on the SDGs
- The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law’s Civic Freedom Monitor
- Funders’ Initiative for Civil Society
- Office of Foreign Assets Control – Sanctions Programs and Information
- CAF America
- Paragon Philanthropy
- The Resource Foundation
- King Baudouin Foundation United States